Starting Point's practice - and how we work with clients -- is based on a few key principles that cut across all its service offerings:
- A focus directly on performance results, often within weeks of engagement.
- A pragmatism born of general management experience that allows Starting Point and its clients to "get to the heart of the matter" very quickly.
- Use of Doug Smith's model of performance-driven change that has been tested across numerous industries and sectors, often with record-setting results, that is taught in executive-level leadership programs at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government and the Columbia University School of Journalism.
- An unquestioned value proposition regarding value delivered in relation to cost and time commitment of the client. We are extremely committed to this proposition in terms of service offerings, delivery modes, and client advice regarding what really is necessary and what is not.
- Along these lines, "good enough" beats perfect, usually at a fraction of the cost, time, and frustration.